TRACTION ARMATURE TESTING SYSTEM
- Traction armature quality control test system for motor manufacturing applications
- AC and DC hipot (with micro-arc detection to detect any breakdowns to ground – the only proven method to accurately detect any such faults), surge, bar-to-bar, and temperature-compensated resistance test capabilities
- User-programmable pass/fail limits
- Under 18 minutes to test as many as 200 armature bars (once the system is programmed and set up)
- Easy detection of weld faults (i.e., poor connection between coils and commutator) – the most frequent fault encountered in the manufacturer of armatures – with resistance testing
- System has a rack style cabinet, a computer running Microsoft Windows 7, power supplies and measurement circuitry, and includes an automatic armature indexing stand
- Semi-customized instrument assembled from standard components to the customer's specifications
The Baker WinTATS traction armature test system is a reliable, field-proven system for accurate, rapid testing of armatures in motor manufacturing and quality control operations. The fully-automated unit performs the required set of tests that motor manufacturing and rebuild shops need for quality assurance and control. AC hipot, DC hipot, surge and resistance tests are standard.
In operation, an armature to be tested is loaded onto the armature indexing stand. This ruggedized, custom built, armature test fixture enables quick and safe connection of an armature to the system. Since many armatures are heavy and cumbersome, the purpose of this fixture is to provide a quick connection of armatures to the tester and provide a higher degree of safety to the operator. The armature is rotated by a rubber drive wheel, which is in contact with the armature and is propelled by a computer-controlled stepper motor. Usually, one or two optical sensors are used to sense the commutator slots as the armature rotates. This fixture is designed for years of heavy-duty operation in a manufacturing environment.